How It Works
Artkive Box takes care of everything. Just fill, send, and enjoy.
2. VIEW YOUR ART EVERYWHERE
We professionally photograph your artwork and upload
it to your account.
View and share your pictures on any device, and edit/approve your custom proofs online.
3. RECEIVE YOUR BOOK
Receive a high quality, 8.5 x 11 inch hardcover
We make it that easy!
An Artkive Box shipped to your door to fill with art
A prepaid UPS shipping label to send back the art
Art professionally digitized + stored in your Artkive account
Access to your art memories from any connected device
Custom book proof for your review and approval
A stunning 8.5 x 11 inch hardcover book (shipping included)
Order form for a keepsake framed mosaic
An Artkive Box specialist at your service
from Los Angeles
The boxes of our kids’ art we’d been storing are now incredible books displayed on our coffee table. We love this service!
- How does the Box service work?
- 1) We send you an empty Artkive box (or boxes if you ordered more than one)
- 2) You fill the Box with your children's artwork using the included Sort and Label sheet, and send it back to us using the prepaid UPS shipping label.
- 3) Once we receive the Box, we professionally photograph and crop/edit the art so that every piece looks fantastic.
- 4) When we are finished photographing your art, we'll send you an invoice for your 2nd payment based on how many pieces you send and how many books you want. See the price slider to estimate your price.
- 5) Your art is loaded into your Artkive account, organized by child and age.
- 6) You access your custom book proofs via the Artkive website to make edits and finalize your book.
- 7) If you choose to have your artwork returned, we will send back your Box. Otherwise, the artwork will be recycled.
- How does the pricing work?
You initially purchase the Artkive Box shipping kit, which is essentially a
starter kit. For $39, you'll receive the Box with instructions on how to
organize your art and a prepaid UPS shipping slip for when you're ready to
send it back to us.
The pricing slider above allows you to estimate your remaining costs based on the amount of art you send back in your box. That will be your total remaining balance for us to digitize and edit every piece of your art, create your Artkive Account for you to access all of your images in the future, and build, print, and ship your hardcover books. All of those services are bundled into the pricing seen in our pricing slider above.
- How many Artkive Boxes should I order?
- Our boxes hold 300-400+ pieces of flat art, are 24x18x4, and you CAN combine different kids’ art in boxes as long as it’s separated by child and age/grade (if relevant). Do not purchase more boxes than you need as the 2nd payment you'll make is based on the number of pieces of art you send and number of books you want, NOT the number of boxes you order. Most people find that one or two boxes is more than enough to accommodate all their art.
- I have more than one child, what should I do?
- You can certainly send art for multiple children in one Artkive Box, just be sure it’s clearly separated and labeled. You'll receive our Sort and Label sheet inside the Artkive Box, and attached to your order receipt email. Please include 1 of these sheets per child. Keep in mind, each box fits approximately 300 pieces of standard size art.
- Can the art be put in a specific order – chronological or otherwise?
- Yes, we are happy to accommodate, but please be sure the art is sent in the exact order desired, and make a note of this on the Sort and Label sheet that's included in the box. An additional fee may be assessed if we have to sort the art for you.
- What is the best way to organize my art before sending it to you?
- We will provide a Sort and Label sheet in the Box, and it will be attached to your order receipt email. You can use this to clearly label the art before sending it to us. You'll want to make separate stacks of artwork for each child using bags or folders, and within each child's stack, group the artwork in piles for each age or grade. Keep in mind, we cannot customize the default age/grade label options, so you'll want to make sure the artwork is clearly labeled using ONLY the age/grade options on the Sort and Label sheet. (e.g. "John - Age 5", "John - Age 6", "Katie - Preschool Year 1", "Katie - Preschool Year 2", etc.)
- How does your referral program work?
By creating an Artkive Account, you automatically are enrolled in our referral program. Just login at
our website on a computer and you will be able to access and send your personalized code or URL link
to anyone you want.
When someone uses your code to purchase an Artkive Box shipping kit, the purchaser receives a $20
discount on their purchase immediately, and you receive $20 that is deposited into your Artkive credit
These credits are usable towards (i) Artkive books, (ii) your second payment on any existing or future Artkive Box order, or (iii) a Framed Mosaic. Credits may not be redeemed on the following: memberships, gift cards, or Artkive Box shipping kits (initial purchase). Your referral credits are valid for 1 year from the time they are earned.
- Can’t I just do this myself?
- Absolutely! It just depends on how much time you have to work on this project. Most parents are too busy, that's why we created the Artkive Box service. Once we receive your artwork, your order is assigned to one of our digital professionals to properly light and photograph each piece of art. Our team of editors will then color correct and crop, as needed. We upload the finished images to your Artkive account, and create book proofs for your review. With a press of a button, you can approve your books and send them to print. If you really want to do it yourself, get the Artkive app HERE.
- Can I make changes to my book before it goes to print?
Absolutely! We will contact you when your book is ready to preview. You can access and edit the book
by logging into your account from a computer on our website, www.artkivebox.com. You'll be able to
make the following changes:
- Rearrange the book pages
- Crop and rotate images
- Edit the age/grade
- Add custom captions and dates
- Choose a cover image
- Edit the book title
There is no time-limit, and you can save your changes along the way, so feel free to make as many changes as you'd like, and submit the book order when ready. For more information on viewing/editing your books, check out the following Video Tutorial
- What kind of art will you accept?
- You are welcome to send anything that can be photographed: cards, schoolwork, photos, trophies, pottery, 3D artwork, etc. Make sure all fragile items are wrapped well to avoid damage during transit. Also note, oversized and rolled pieces require extra time, and may incur additional processing fees. If you have oversized art that won't fit in the Artkive Box, please reach out to email@example.com for options to get it included in your book.
- Can I give you special instructions about the art I’m sending?
- A Sort and Label sheet is included in the box. This will help us identify what you're sending, and allows you to include any specific requests or instructions we should be aware of when processing your order. We'll also be in direct email contact with you so you can always reach out if you forget something.
- Can I get my art sent back to me if I want it?
- Yes – when you are placing your Artkive Box order, there is a circle you can check to pay a fee and have your art sent back. If you aren't sure whether or not you'll want the artwork returned, you can always email us once you receive your book preview to add this option.
- How long does the Artkive Box service take?
- Timing can vary due to volume of orders, shipping delays, and weather. For an up-to-date timeline, and info on requesting your order to be rushed, please visit here .
- Can I cancel my order?
Artkive Shipping Kit purchases are fully refundable on the same day as your
purchase minus a $5 cancellation fee. Once your Artkive Shipping Kit has been
sent, the $39 initial payment is strictly non-refundable. Please note that
Artkive purchases do not expire so they can be saved and used at a later date.
ONCE YOU SEND YOUR ART TO US, AND IT HAS BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED, YOU MUST PAY THE COST OF DIGITIZATION EVEN IF YOU CHOOSE TO NOT HAVE BOOKS PRINTED. THE DIGITIZATION COST IS 40% LESS THAN OUR NORMAL, FULL PRICING AS SEEN ON THE PRICING SLIDER.
- Can I add titles and dates to the artwork?
- We will upload and label your images with the child's name and age/grade assuming you provided this information on Sort and Label sheet that's included in your box. Once the artwork has been uploaded to your account and your book proofs are made, you are welcome to log in and add custom dates and/or titles before we print your book. For more information on viewing/editing your books, check out the following Video Tutorial
- What if I just want my art digitized and no books printed?
- Yes, we can do just the digitization of your art. This service will be 40% off the regular box price plus $25 for the USB that is used to send you the images. Please see the price slider to estimate this cost.