Frequently Asked Questions:
How does Artkive Work?
- Create an account and add the first names and grades of your children
- Take photos of their artwork or upload from your camera roll
- Tag your photo with the child’s name, grade, date, and title
- Share with family and friends or turn your Artkive into a book or other great products
I can’t see images that I’ve Artkived or they are displaying incorretly. What do I do?
If this happens, and we’re sorry if it does, 99% of the time you can quickly fix this by manually shutting down the app and restarting. Artkive syncs with external servers so that your pictures are always safe and secure. Sometimes a “refresh” is all that’s needed to fix the problem. Here’s how to shut down an app if you’re not familiar:
Double click your home button (circle button towards bottom of the iphone), find Artkive among the app icons on the screen, swipe up the app so it disappears and closes. Then re-open the app and you should be all set.
Is Artkive available for Android or just iPhone/iPad?
Artkive is available for iPhone/iPad and most Android 4.0 and above devices.
Do you ship internationally?
We currently ship within the United States and Canada. If you would like to order a book and live outside this area, please email email@example.com and we can help you.
Do I need to have an internet connection to use Artkive?
Like many apps, we recommend that you have a good internet connection when using Artkive, however if you aren't connected, you can still Artkive images which will then upload when you are back online.
Can I Artkive old artwork that I have stored in boxes?
Of course! Using Artkive to save your child’s schoolwork is another of the many ways to use Artkive. It’s a great way to visually capture your child’s educational growth.
Can I Artkive stuff other than art?
Of course! Using Artkive to save your child’s schoolwork is another of the many ways to use Artkive. It’s a great way to visually see your child’s educational growth.
You say you store the images in the cloud, what happens if they get lost?
Everyday we back-up everything in the Cloud on our servers and once a week we back up the back-ups and store those in a different location. Your pictures are safe.
Can I add a child?
Yes, just go to the Account section of the app, click 'Manage Children', and add as many kids as you’d like.
How is this different than other photo apps I’m using?
It’s different in lots of ways!
- Images that you’re saving of your child’s artwork are important — do you really want them mixed in with the hundreds or thousands of other pictures you take?
- Second, we attach a “plaque” at the bottom of each image that shows which child created the artwork, what grade they are/were in, the date created, and a title…just like you’d see next to art in a gallery.
- Let us do the work of turning your child’s artwork into a book. Most parents don’t have the time so it never gets done. With Artkive, it’s as easy as pushing a button.
When do credits expire?
Artkive Gift Credits that you purchase never expire. The promotional credits that you receive as a bonus above and beyond the dollar amount paid expire 90 days after purchase. (For example: If you purchase a $75 Gift Credit for $55, $55 of it will never expire and the promotional $20 expires 90 days after purchase).
Any promotional credits that you receive as part of a giveaway or sign-up incentive expire on the date noted in the giveaway but never to exceed 30 days from grant date.
Need to reach us for something not listed here?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org - we respond quickly.
You can also call 1(877) 673-6043 if needed.