Frequently Asked Questions:
How does Artkive Work?
- Create an account and add the first names and grades of your children
- Take photos of their artwork or upload from your camera roll
- Tag your photo with the child’s name, grade, date, and title
- Share with family and friends or turn your Artkive into a book or other great products
I can’t see images that I’ve Artkived or they are displaying incorretly. What do I do?
If this happens, and we’re sorry if it does, 99% of the time you can quickly fix this by manually shutting down the app and restarting. Artkive syncs with external servers so that your pictures are always safe and secure. Sometimes a “re-sync” is all that’s needed to fix the problem. Here’s how to shut down if you’re not familiar: From the main screen with all your app icons, you just double click the circle button, find Artkive among the app icons on the bottom of the screen, hold it down for a few seconds until a "-" comes up over the app and then click that "-" sign. Then hit the circle button again and re-open the app. If you’re still have problems, email us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you asap.
Is Artkive available for Android or just iPhone/iPad?
Right now it’s only for iOS, but we’re busy getting the Android version ready. If you’d like, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to the list and notify you as soon as it’s ready.
Do you ship internationally?
We currently ship within the United States and Canda. If you would like to order a book and live outside this area, please email email@example.com and we can help you.
Do I need to have an internet connection to use Artkive?
Like many apps, we recommend that you have a good internet connection when using Artkive, however if you aren't connected, you can still Artkive images which will then upload when you are back online.
Can I Artkive old artwork that I have stored in boxes?
Absolutely. We recommend just entering the child’s grade if you know it and set the date created to “blank”. That way it will save with just the child’s name, grade, and any title or description you’d like to add.
Can I Artkive stuff other than art?
Of course! Using Artkive to save your child’s schoolwork is another of the many ways to use Artkive. It’s a great way to visually see your child’s educational growth.
You say you store the images in the cloud, what happens if they get lost?
Everyday we back-up everything in the Cloud on our servers and once a week we back up the back-ups and store those in a different location. Your pictures are safe.
Why can’t I share on Facebook or other social media channels?
For now, you can share with individuals by adding their email addresses to your Share Circle. In 2013, we will add additional sharing options.
Can I select a group of images from my Artkive to share all at once?
Not at this time, but you can share them one at a time very easily.
Can I add a child?
Yes, just go to the Account section of the app and add as many kids as you’d like.
How is this different than other photo apps I’m using?
It’s different in lots of ways!
- Images that you’re saving of your child’s artwork are important — do you really want them mixed in with the hundreds or thousands of other pictures you take?
- Second, we attach a “plaque” at the bottom of each image that shows which child created the artwork, what grade they are/were in, the date created, and a title…just like you’d see next to art in a gallery.
- Let us do the work of turning your child’s artwork into a book. Most parents don’t have the time so it never gets done. With Artkive, it will be almost as easy as pushing a button.